To: The Delegates and Alternates of Carver County Republican Party,
Pursuant to the provisions of the Constitution of the Republican Party of Minnesota and pursuant to the 2022 Call for Republican Party Basic Political Organizational Unit Conventions, issued by Carver County Republican Party Executive Committee on the 1st day of March 2022, the Carver County Convention is hereby called to meet at:
Mayer Lutheran High School
306 7th St NE
Mayer, MN 55360
Saturday, March 12, 2022, Gavel at 9:00 AM
The Carver County Republican Party Convention shall be composed of the delegates and alternates elected at the precinct caucuses in 2022 designated as lying within the boundaries of Senate District 48 and in part (the Carver County portion) of House District 17B collectively known as Carver County Republican Party.
The Carver County Republican Party Convention shall be held for the purpose of:
- Determination of BPOU Organization Alignment. ***See information on new maps and redistricting here: https://www.carvergop.org/redistricting.html
- Endorsement of Legislative candidate for Senate District 48.
- Endorsement of Legislative candidates for House Districts 48A and 48B.
- Election of Delegates & Alternates to the 6th Congressional District Convention
- Election of Delegates and Alternates to the RPM State Convention.
- Adoption of Constitution/Bylaws
- Adoption of Resolutions
Transaction of such other business as may properly come before the Convention.
The Pre-Convention Legislative Search Committee met with candidates seeking endorsement for Senate District 48 and House Districts 48A and 48B on March 1, 2022.
Parliamentary Authority: Roberts Rules of Order, Newly Revised in all cases to which they are applicable and in which they are not inconsistent with the constitution and bylaws of The Republican Party of Minnesota or Carver County Republican Party.
Issued from Carver County, Minnesota, this 1st day of March 2022.
Sent on behalf of Carver County Republican Party Executive Committee.
Convention Registration and Nominations for CD and State Delegate and Alternate deadlines:
- Early Bird $20.00 Registration and Nominations are immediately available until 12 noon on March 11, 2022. Please register here: https://forms.gle/7siAuajTG1MYtkfW7
- Same Day, In Person $25.00 registration and nominations opens at 8:00 AM and closes promptly at 9:30 AM with nominations closing promptly at 10:00 AM
- Guest Registration, in person $10.00
***You must be present to be elected as a delegate or an alternate. ***
Convention Documents (Agenda, Rules, Constitution, Resolutions) for your review prior to the convention are available here
Please print your own copies and bring it with you! You will not be guaranteed a copy at the convention, due to the limited number of copies that will be available at the convention.
Optional lunch will be available for purchase the day of the Convention